Currently and historically, Beloit Box Board Co., has worked toward conservation and pollution prevention
- ISO 14001:2015 Certified
- 100 % recycled paperboard.
- Completely closed mill process water system to allow zero discharge of water, reducing water output by 150,000 gallons per day.
- Industrial wood stove utilized for disposal of scrap wood. The wood stove has allowed Beloit Box Board to reduce material sent to landfill and increased the efficiency of process heating.
- Installation of an energy efficient double insulated boiler for steam production.
- Purchase and use of Hybrid vehicles for company transportation.
- We Recycle 20,000 Tons of wastepaper annually.
- Recycle our baling wire and plastic externally.
- Consistent Environmental Compliance Certificate awarded by the city of Beloit.
- Bailing wire, plastic packaging materials and other scrap materials collected and sent to offsite recycling facilities
- Pallet program with customers allowing the reuse of frametops and pallets
Click the following link to view an article about Beloit Box Board Co’s dedication to environmental practices.
What Natural Resources Are Saved By Recycling One Ton Of Paper?
Recycling 1 ton of paper saves an average of 7,000 gallons (26,495 liters) of water; 3.3 cubic yards (2.5 cubic meters) of landfill space; 3 barrels of oil (1 barrel equals 42 gallons); 17 trees; and 4,000 kilowatt-hours of electricity (enough energy to power the average home for 6 months).
Source: Gale Book of Averages, p. 428.